2022 MEDICARE ADVANTAGE AND PART D OPEN ENROLLMENT October 15 – December 7
Capital City Activity Center partners with SHIP Medicare Counselors again this year for Part D Medicare open enrollment. It will be very similar this year to last year. (Medicare SHIP Counselors Maggie Friel and Scott Mello are NOT insurance agents but are trained State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Medicare and benefits counselors. Their sole purpose is to review prescription information and determine which plan is best suited to an individual’s needs.)
HOW THE PLAN WILL WORK:
NOTE: If you are currently enrolled in a Part D Plan, you should monitor your mail for any notices concerning your carrier’s plan for 2022.
1. Call Capital City Activity Center, 502-223-5794, to make an appointment. Maggie and Scott will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 am—4 pm, October 15 through December 7.
2. The day before your appointment, Maggie or Scott may call you to confirm your appointment and get some basic information to make your appointment go more smoothly.
3. At your appointment day and time, either Scott or Maggie will call the number you used when you made your appointment. Please answer the phone. Have the following handy:
* A list of medications, their strength and dosage
* Your Medicare card
* Any additional information you’ve received in the mail from your current carrier
* Your account ID and Password (if you know it)
On the day of your appointment, please be patient. You may know from past experience that sometimes interviews run longer than an hour. And be sure to answer the phone.
REMEMBER: If you do NOT enroll in a Part D Plan by December 5, you could be without a Medicare prescription drug plan in 2022 or may have to continue your current plan. There will not be an opportunity to make changes after the annual enrollment period on December 7.
Questions? Contact Capital City Activity Center, 502-223-5794, or email Anne at email@example.com.