|Welcome to the Senior Activity Center of Franklin County, where we provide recreational, educational, and wellness activities for seniors age 60 and older. Our Center, located in Frankfort near the hospital, is a place where seniors gather to meet friends for coffee, attend exercise classes and use our exercise equipment, play bridge and other games, make arts and crafts, shop at our stores, listen to music and guest speakers, dance, and have a hot, nutritious lunch. We are open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Membership is free for those who are age 60 and older and their
Our mission: to enhance senior living for people 60 and above by providing programs, activities and opportunities for education and good health.
Click to open the July Grapevine.
Click to open the August Grapevine.
Beginning July 1, the Senior Activity Center offers new hours. M, W, F - 8:00 - 4:00. T, Th - 8:00 - 7:00. Check the July Grapevine for more information, and call the center, 223-5794, to register for the evening events.
- Make It Take It Tuesdays. 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. $15.00 each.
- Zumba Gold. 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., Thursdays. $4.00 each.
- Writing Group at the Senior Activity Center. 5:15 - 6:30 p.m., Thursdays. $5.00 per month.
- Trip to Stephen Foster Story, Bardstown. July 25. Leave Center at 7:00; Play begins at 8:30 p.m. Ticket - $16.00. Registration Deadline: July 21.
- Ice Cream Social, July 31, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Trip to Pioneer Playhouse, Danville. August 22. Leave Center at 5:30; Play begins at 8:30 p.m. Ticket - Dinner and Play - $26.00. Registration Deadline: August 10.
- Trip to Renfro Valley Retro Review, September 25. Leave Center at 3:00 p.m; 6:30 Review (50's & 60's music). Trip & Show - $65.00. Registration Deadline: August 15, 2014